CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

October 16, 2009

The Birth of My Guardian Angel

We all have them don’t we? We experience things that make us ponder if our guardian angel just saved our lives and yesterday was my total experience. I was involved in a bad car accident which left me with bruised ribs and a pounding headache but fortunately my daughters and I are alive. As I sat back and read the numerous messages flooding my inbox I sat back and thought about what some of my friends were saying about the incident. Clearly that I am lucky to be alive and they are absolutely right and even more so that the only two people in the world that I would die for were not injured, actually they were asleep.

Now that leads me to the topic of this article because I am not a very religious person (although I had been in the past) I am very spiritual and I also take heed to the signs that our Greater Power shows us. Some dear friends know a lot about my childhood and others don’t but for the sake of this writing let me share a few things with you.

I was raised in an era in NYC where parents left their children with their parents and partied HARD and as a result I was raised by my grandparents in Staten Island, at ten years old my lifeline at the time passed away and my world crushed beneath me, my grandmother had left the world and left me to deal with the hardships of no parental guidance and no support.

Now here is where this story gets weird.

On October 15th 2003 the Staten Island Ferry crashed into the pier and killed 10 people, I was supposed to be on that ferry sitting on the very side that ripped apart. (I remember the young woman who was killed because we greeted each other every afternoon) I was saved because I had recently graduated college and October 15th was the final day I would take the ferry. I had gotten a message from my career counselor saying that I didn’t need to come because a small accounting firm named Salibello & Broder decided to hire me as their Junior Accountant. (What this meant was I would be on a later ferry not that ferry that crashed.)

She Saved Me.

Present. October 15th 2009 I almost lost my life in a collision in Staten Island. But something stopped my vehicle from sliding all the way into the middle of the street. I escaped with only bruised ribs… ONLY bruises. I pass street poles with flowers on them every day for people who had lost their lives because of such collisions and my children and I had escaped.

She Saved Me.

Ora Lee Futtrell my grandmother who I lost and suffered depression to was born on OCTOBER 15

This writing is dedicated to the woman who shaped and saved me. My guardian angel.

Zanade

2 comments:

Dr Linda Galloway said...

What an empowering story and a beautiful testimony. You are truly blessed AND loved. Love never dies, Zanade. It only grows stronger when our loved ones shed their mortal body. The energy and love of your grandmother saved you. What a blessing.

Online Degrees said...

Such a great article! very very to read it! keep it up this great work!!!